1. This agreement is solely between the customer and AlterEnglish (AE, the service provider).
2. The customer agrees to send the completed document(s) requiring editing for an assessment and quote. The quote provided is non-negotiable. Customers should not seek a reduction or discount at any stage of the process..
3. AE will try our very best to meet customer deadlines but makes no guarantees, therefore customers should ensure there is sufficient time for AE to complete the work.
4. Conditions of business are 50% deposit to this account before starting, the balance due immediately on receipt of final edit.
5. This contract is purely between AE, (the service provider) and yourself. Payment for the editing of academic papers is not dependent on acceptance by a tutor, advisor, academic journal or any other third party.
6. A student customer cannot delay payment of outstanding fees until the paper is accepted by a tutor or advisor. The contract is purely between AE, (the service provider) and yourself.
7. AlterEnglish does not carry out plagiarism checks (such as turnitin) or accepts any responsibility if the work of other authors is claimed as the customer’s own.
8. Customer accepts copy editing is not a peer review. Any issues regarding content, academic tone, technical accuracy or validity of research is solely the responsibility of the customer.
9. AE will be able to correct your grammar, spelling and format errors so it is grammatically acceptable to most native speakers but we do not rewrite and this may not be enough to meet the standards needed.
10. Payment of all or part of our fee is considered agreement to these Conditions of Business.